Looking for a cosmetic science job?
A common request we get here on Chemists Corner is the request for a job. I never mind this much and am happy to give suggestions. We’ve written a lot about getting a job as a cosmetic chemist and if you’re looking, I encourage you to check out some of these posts.
1. Message to Undergraduate Chemists Looking for a job
2. How to become a cosmetic chemist
3. Could you start your own cosmetics business?
4. How to use twitter to find a cosmetic chemist job
5. Three tips for finding a cosmetic science lab job
6. Cosmetic science internship programs
And if you’re still wondering what you can do to get a job, one of the best ways to start off is to get some experience. The way to get experience is to actually work in a lab. It doesn’t have to be a cosmetics lab but it can be any lab. Someone with some lab experience is in a better position than someone without any.
To get lab experience, go to a local staffing agency. Here you will find temporary jobs that can get you into labs. I know there were a number of people who eventually got jobs at my old company (Alberto Culver) who started off as lab temps.
Here are some options for you to investigate.
I know that we hired people from Aerotek & Kforce so it can happen.
PS. Thanks to Laurie for inspiration for this post.