This 30 day challenge is all about giving you lessons and basic exercises that will improve your abilities as a cosmetic chemist.
In this episode
In today’s program we talk about the cosmetic industry and specifically the trend of natural cosmetics. As a formulator you are going to be asked by your marketing group to come up with formulations that can tap into hot trends and the natural marketing trend is hot. This episode will help show you what people mean when they talk about natural cosmetics and how it affects formulations.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The size of the natural cosmetic market
- History of the development of the natural market
- Various definitions of natural
- Governmental and non-governmental organizations affecting natural products
- The marketing approach of successful natural product brands
- Buzzwords and concepts in the natural cosmetic market
Look through some of the brands in the natural cosmetic market and see if you can figure out what qualifies as natural for them. Go to their website and look at their background information and story. Also look at their product offerings and see if the ingredient lists fit in with their natural positioning. Is the brand simply a greenwashing brand or do they really try to make an effort to be “natural.”
When you’re finished put your comments about what you found below.