This looks like a very interesting program and if you are in the Midwest or Cincinnati area, you should make it a point to attend. I’ll be there. 😉
The OVSCC presents:
“The Personal Care Industry: Past, Present and Future”
An event to honor the life and work of Dr. J. Leon Lichtin
1330 Monmouth Street, Cincinnati OH 45225
Tuesday, November 19th, 2013
The Ohio Valley chapter invites you to take part in a very special event, where we honor the past and take a peek into the future. This full day symposium and dinner meeting is a fundraiser for the Dr. J. Leon and Beverly Lichtin Cosmetic Sciences Endowment Fund at the University of Cincinnati (UC). Dr. and Mrs. Lichtin will be in attendance at the dinner portion of the meeting to receive the many honors due him.
We’ve invited a slate of great speakers, all experts in their given areas, to come to Cincinnati and provide their unique perspectives on the personal care industry.
There are three key areas we’ll be focusing on for this symposium:
- · Chemistry/ Technology
- · Regulatory/ Safety
- · Consumer Trends/ Insights
8:30 am to 12:00 pm – The morning session is all about learning from the past so that we are not doomed to repeat it.
- · Dr. Robert Lochhead, one of the most experienced formulators and innovators in the industry, will talk about the evolution of chemistry and technology
- · Beth R. Meyers works for the US FDA in the Office of Cosmetics and Colors as a Writer-Editor. She will be presenting a historical overview of the developments in cosmetic regulation.
- · Rachel Weingarten, the Beauty Historian is a beauty expert and former celebrity makeup artist. She was featured on Love/Lust & Makeup along with Stacy London & Bobbi Brown. Rachel has lectured about the history of cosmetics & fragrance marketing at the Fashion Institute of Technology. The Washington Post calls her “a hotshot beauty consultant,” ABC News refers to her as “a celebrity style maven.” Rachel is the award winning author of “Hello Gorgeous! Beauty Products in America ’40s-’60s.” She’ll be discussing some of the groundbreaking, dubious and dangerous products and trends of eras past.
1:00 pm to 4:30 pm – The afternoon session will feature talks about the state of the art in the personal care industry.
- · George Deckner recently retired from Procter & Gamble after 26 years as a member of the company’s Victor Mills Society. His formulation expertise and materials mastery have helped him create numerous proprietary products into the personal care, oral care and health care markets. His talk will focus on the state of the art in formulation and technology.
- · David C. Steinberg founded a consulting firm (Steinberg & Associates) that provides regulatory guidance to the personal care industry. He is also the founder of the Masters in Cosmetic Sciences degree program at Fairleigh Dickinson University. He will be giving a talk on the current Regulatory environment in both the US and globally.
- · Rachel C. Weingarten will tap into her expertise in style, marketing and trends to give a second talk on the latest in consumer trends and insights.
4:30 pm to 5:30 pm – After the last talk, we will be holding a cocktail hour and Student Poster session, where graduate students from UC and the University of Southern Mississippi will show off the great research they’ve been conducting.
5:30 pm to 7:00 pm – Following the Student Poster session, we will be joined by Dr. Lichtin and his family for dinner and begin the celebration of all of his accomplishments. Several people will be providing testimonials about the impact Dr. Lichtin has had on the industry and on their lives personally. There will also be a number of organizations that will be presenting checks for the endowment.
7:00 pm to 8:30 pm – The evening will conclude with a multimedia look into the future, provided by Jeanine Recckio, the only “beauty and lifestyle futurologist on the planet”. She was one of the top marketing executives for such notable companies as Revlon, Estee Lauder, L’Oreal and Ralph Lauren Fragrances to name just a few. She has since gone on to found her own unconventional think tank, the Mirror Mirror Imagination group, which advises both Fortune 500 and small start-up brands on consumer culture and big ideas.
Non SCC Members
|Until November 12||
|After November 12th and at the door||
To register for the event, go to the OVSCC website www.ovscc.org, and follow the links for the Next Meeting Info/ Registration. Payments can be made via PayPal or by check at the door.
Please join us in paying tribute to this great man.