Article by: Perry Romanowski
At the start of every year I put together a goal list which articulates all I want to accomplish for the year. I’ve been doing this since 2003 accomplishing many of the things I list but not accomplishing many more.
So, I thought it would be helpful to do monthly updates to keep me honest and on track. Here is how I did in January 2012.
Chemists Corner goal progress
I’ve actually made decent progress on almost all my goals thus far. Here is the 7 goals I listed at the start of the year and the progress I’ve made.
1. Write a blog post every day – I’ve written 31 posts in 31 days. On track
2. Launch the “How to Start Your Own Cosmetic Line” program. I’ve actually written the report and anticipate this training program to be ready sometime in mid-March. You’ll be hearing a lot more about this in this coming month.
3. Record 26 podcast episodes – I’ve recorded 2 and have a third one half way done. So, I’m no pace here.
4. Create a series of basic chemistry videos (30) – I’ve brainstormed these and read a refresher book on chemistry so I’m just about ready to start. But I should have 3 videos completed and I don’t. A little behind here.
5. Begin an open source formulation site – Haven’t done much on this yet because I don’t know how it will work. Need to come up with a plan.
6. Run for SCC VP elect – Can’t do anything on this until late March or April.
7. Grow the website traffic & social networking followers – January had the second highest traffic month in the history of this website. And we had 16,000 more visitors to Chemists Corner than in January 2011. Our Facebook page is up to 803 likes and Twitter has 825 followers. We’re making progress on all of these.
Making goals at the beginning of the year is an excellent way to help you get things done. But if you aren’t regularly reviewing your progress it’s easy to let things slip. Hopefully, by doing reviews like this I’ll ensure that I keep gorwing this website and spreading information about cosmetic science.
How are you doing on your 2012 goals? Leave a comment below.