This 30 day challenge is all about giving you lessons and basic exercises that will improve your abilities as a cosmetic chemist.
In this episode
Today’s program is all about the regulation of the cosmetic industry and what you as a cosmetic formulator need to know.
In this episode you’ll find:
- The reality of cosmetic product regulations
- The history of cosmetic regulations in the US
- Comparisons between US regulations and EU regulations
- Two overriding laws for cosmetic regulation by the FDA
- Resources for cosmetic regulatory information
Today’s challenge is meant to help get you up to speed on cosmetic regulations. The FDA website is the best source for finding the relevant information however there is so much information there that it is difficult to know what is relevant to formulators.
Go through the list and read as many of these as you can. I would suggest you start with ones that I think are most relevant including…
“What the law says about cosmetics”
“Is it a cosmetic, drug or both?”
Inspection of Cosmetics