Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating General Supplier says “100% natural”

• Supplier says “100% natural”

Posted by PhilGeis on May 9, 2024 at 12:26 pm

combination of three compounds

1) ……. production starts by reacting hydroxylamine hydrochloride with an alcohol solution, N-octoate, and 4-Dimethyl Aminopyridine. The mixture is heated, then cooled, filtered and crystallized

2) Typical (trans)esterification processes involving the reaction of glycerol with fatty acids or fatty esters to produce MGMEs yield an equilibrium distribution of glycerol (“free glycerin”) and mono-, di-, and triacyl esters of glycerol……

PhilGeis replied 1 week, 2 days ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Graillotion

May 9, 2024 at 2:32 pm

Ahh…the beauty of NEVER defining ‘natural’. As I oft would tell a beginner group…the lack of definition was not a result of omission, but a carefully crafted strategy!

I also use this to my benefit…. I call myself a ‘natural’ formulator…..as I ‘naturally’ select the best ingredients to get the job done! 😉😂

If I had a dollar….for every time I have seen beginner products with e-wax, advertised as ‘natural’ …. well I might retire a second time! 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  Graillotion.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  Graillotion.
    • PhilGeis

May 9, 2024 at 3:11 pm

maybe they thought e-wax meant ear wax.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  PhilGeis.
  • mikethair

May 9, 2024 at 7:34 pm

Yes indeed, “100% natural” is a great sales pitch. I do not see any “natural” ingredients here, but hey, that’s just me.

• Perry44

Administrator
    May 10, 2024 at 10:06 am

Since there is no proof of any thing being Supernatural, isn’t everything natural?

• PhilGeis

May 10, 2024 at 10:48 am

Wonder of just “100%” is enough