Working in corporate America you will quickly learn that your success is not completely based on your scientific abilities. In fact, if you really want to advance in your career you’re going to have to learn how to impress your boss.
In this article on ItStartsWith.Us they list 12 good ideas for impressing your boss.
Here are a few that I thought were pretty good advice.
- Care about other people – Being selfish at work won’t help your career.
- Always be honest – Even if it’s going to make you look bad.
- Ask for help – Never be afraid to admit you can’t do everything yourself.
- Plan to wing it – Things rarely go as planned so be adaptable
- Help others – If you help someone else achieve their goals, they’ll be more inclined to help you.
- Stop following the rules – Sometimes you need to break the rules (but follow them too)
- Give more than people expect – Most people just get by. Give more & you’ll benefit
Of course, you should still dazzle them with your cosmetic chemistry prowess.