Here’s just a quick post about what I think is the 5 most significant stories in cosmetic science during 2011.
1. J&J caves to fear mongering group and promises to reformulate baby shampoo.
2. FDA declares formaldehyde containing Brazilian hair straightening products to be unsafe.
3. P&G vows to stop using photoshop to touch up mascara ads.
4. French government has attempted to ban parabens.
5. Corporate mergers and acquisitions. Lots of chemical companies merged this year and so did a fair amount of finished goods companies. It’s getting tougher to be a cosmetic chemist for a small company these days.
Well, we’ll have a look at some of the more significant scientific events this year but what stories do you think were the most important in the industry?