Article by: Perry Romanowski
Welcome to Day 30 of the 30 Days to Become a Better Cosmetic Chemist series
This 30 day challenge is all about giving you lessons and basic exercises that will improve your abilities as a cosmetic chemist.
In this episode
In today’s program we focus on your career as a cosmetic chemist and talk about how you can increase your career success chances by becoming a well-known expert on some topic in cosmetic science.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The benefits of becoming a cosmetic science subject expert
- The three key things you can do to become an expert
- Research you need to do to become an expert
- Why you need to be a generalist and specialist
- The importance of sharing your expertise
- How to keep increasing your knowledge and learning
Our final challenge is an obvious one but will take more than just a day. Today’s challenge is to become a subject expert.
Make a plan.
Figure out what type of expert you want to be.
Create a list of books, magazine articles, blogs, patents or anything else to help you learn.
Immerse yourself in the topic and learn everything you can.
Start writing about that topic.
Make people love your subject as much as you do.
Find a place where you can give a talk about your expertise.
I’d love to hear what topic you choose to become an expert in. So after you have given it some thought leave a comment as to what you are going to become an expert in.