Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating VITAMIN E NATURAL (1300IU) or atural Tocopherol 50 (Vitamin E 50) or VITAMIN E ACETATE

• VITAMIN E NATURAL (1300IU) or atural Tocopherol 50 (Vitamin E 50) or VITAMIN E ACETATE

Posted by Anna on June 4, 2015 at 12:09 am

involving to the vitamin e in the formula. I am wondering which one is better VITAMIN E NATURAL (1300IU)  or natural Tocopherol 50 (Vitamin E 50) or VITAMIN E ACETATE?

And normally how many % should be in the formula when i am suing only 4% Jojoba oil?
    - My high sheer mixer have the highest speed is 8000 rpm. Normally  when water face i use from the start at 1550 rpm. when oil phase and water phase heat is around 65 degree, I pour oil in water and increase the speed to 5500 rpm (mixed for about 8 minutes then reduce to 2500 rpm, continue until it cool (39 degree). The i put a cool  phase in and increase the speed of the homogenizer  to 5500 for 8-10 minutes then reduce to 2500rpm(mixed for about 30-40 minutes).
    the problem is the formula is not smooth as other cream sell in the shop. it is like(crytal,(tiny bubble) not smoothy… then after a week it getting bigger and bigger…
     I am just wondering what’s wrong with my process?
    Thank you!
    MarkBroussard replied 8 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • gomorrian

June 4, 2015 at 2:57 pm

Using acetate form is not going to avoid your formulation from oxidizing, it can be hydroxide in cells but without enzymes useless for your formulation. However tocopherol can act like the antioxidant you need but it will change your organoleptic properties like odour, color etc. I think what you really need is something like Oxynex series from Merck KGaA. For bubbling problem you probably should check cloudiness point of your solid materials from your oil phase. In order to do that please heat your oil phase over 10 centigrade degrees more than the temperature everything is completely melted mix for 1 min and start to cool down. When you reach the temperature that oils start to get cloudy this is the point you need to stop mixing or homogenized. Unfortunately mixing too much does not makes the best final product. If it still has some bubbles you can vacuum the rest.

• MarkBroussard

June 4, 2015 at 4:35 pm

You could also consider using mixed Tocopherol and Tocotrienols