Home Cosmetic Science Talk General rods and propellers

  • rods and propellers

    Posted by jellyfishkarma on May 8, 2023 at 1:01 pm

    Where can I purchase shafts/rods and propellars for my mixer? I know mixers normally come with a standard rod and propeller but I don’t like it. Is there a place to order them inexpensively? Normally when I go to work at a lab they already have several shafts and propellars.

    gordof replied 9 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • gordof

    May 9, 2023 at 8:58 am

    Could you clarify in which country and for what kind of stirrer you need a Propeller? There are several Traders out there that have different kinds of Stirrers.

    for me in europ I Prefer Viscojet Stirrer Home - VISCO JET® Rührwerke the have a kit for the laboratory and it is really nice for air Free steering.

    • jellyfishkarma

      May 9, 2023 at 9:46 am

      thank you for replying. I am in the USA. I am looking to replace the shaft/rod that would go inside of a overhead mixer. I am looking at 1″ to 2″ marine style propeller that would fit a 600 mL to 1000mL beaker for mixing. Most places I have worked already had these as apart of the lab so I am not sure where they were ordered from. I hope this helps…

  • gordof

    May 10, 2023 at 12:26 am

    hi well, you can get this kind of stuff normally from a well organized laboratory supplier.

    I would look at VWR for example and search for IKA stirrers

    Stirring Elements, IKA® Works | VWR

    • This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by  gordof.

Log in to reply.