Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating problems with sepgel 305 for milky cleanser

• problems with sepgel 305 for milky cleanser

Posted by soapworksdupe on March 29, 2024 at 2:53 pm

my emulsion works for this formula but i need help with a thickening agent. I want something soft and milky (attempting to dupe the stratia cleansing milk)

recipe:

water 82.5%

olivem 300 4%

MCT 4%

rice bran oil 4%

cetearyl alcohol 1.5%

glyceryl stearate 1.5%

sepgel 305 0.5%

allantoin 0.5%

liquid germall plus 0.5%

i ended up using about 0.6g sepgel for a 30g batch it was too thick I want something thats glides and is ultra thin and “skinks” straight in. with the stratia one if i glide a finger on it it leaves a soft shiny look on my hand with no soaping. i need some feedback please

remakeanddump replied 4 days, 2 hours ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Camel

March 29, 2024 at 8:17 pm

You could try Olivem® 2020 at a 1:3 ratio with Olivem® 300. I’ve found this to have a great skin-feel in my opinion.

• chemicalmatt

April 8, 2024 at 1:03 pm

Rapidgel EZ1 at 1.0% would do the trick and you might reduce the Olivem 300 at same time. Final viscosity would be a thin lotion more like what you are looking for.

• remakeanddump

April 27, 2024 at 6:14 pm

I would make the emulsion without sepigel 305 first. If the viscosity is thinner than benchmark, start adding sepigel 305 0.1% at a time. If it’s already too thick, reduce your oil phase and try again.