Personal Lubricant Formulation
Does anyone here have any experience formulating personal lubricants?
I’m trying to find a formulation that meets the following criteria:
1. Latex safe – no lipids
2. Iso-osmolar – hypo-osmolar and hyper-osmolar formulations destroy vaginal cells.
3. pH 3.8-4.5
4. non-toxic to lactobacillus
5. won’t promote bacterial vaginitis like glycerin.
6. no parabens or propylene glycol as preservative.
7. super slippery and long lasting!
Not so easy! I’ve seen some people trying to innovate with 12% silicone emulsions or formulations with carrageenan or aloe based products.
There must be more room for innovation here.
Log in to reply.