New Help on a Shimmer Body Oil
I have a natural body oil (jojoba, hemp seed, almond, MCT, essential oils) that I’d like the option of adding mica for shimmer and tint. I have a few questions:
- What’s the suggested concentration if I want both shimmer and tint? I plan to use gold and bronze mica powder. I’ve seen anywhere from 3% to 9%.
- I know without using any thickener, the mica will not suspend. I intend to advise my customers to shake the bottle before each use. However, I’m noticing that even when I shake the bottle, the mica is still “stuck” to the bottom of the bottle because it is so compacted and shaking only loosen the top later of mica. What can prevent this?
- If nothing can prevent the above from happening, what thickener can I use that is considered natural?
- Is cetyl alcohol a good option? If so, is using 8% too high?
- Is it possible to premix the cetyl alcohol (or other alternatives) with the mica and oil, and add it to the base oil when the mixture is cool? The reason is that I want to only make the shimmer oil on demand and not have to make bulk.
Thank you so much for your help!
Log in to reply.