Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating General ISO 16128 outsourcing (?)

• ISO 16128 outsourcing (?)

Posted by Lab on August 24, 2023 at 8:46 am

Hey guys!

I have a question about ISO 16128, could anyone help me?

I see that many are starting to work with it recently, but I don’t know if I fully understand how its incorporation occurs. Just follow the guidelines they pass and that’s it? Buy their own products? … Aren’t there companies that “outsource” these processes and inspect/regulate the standards?

It sounds a little strange because it’s not a certification but an option to certification, so I think I missed something very obvious

Thanks in advance for the answers

Lab replied 8 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • gordof

August 24, 2023 at 10:25 am

hi

Well normally you need to implement the ISO mentioned Regulations in your Company after that you will need to get an auditor that controls if you have done all that is necessary for the 16128 and then you can claim that you work after the ISO Standard.

You can although use a CMO that already has the necessary Certification and claim that your Products are Produced after the ISO Standard you want to have. but In the end, you need to be audited or have an audit report / the current certificate of your sublayer.

i don’t know if there is a way around that if you want to claim ISO 16128

• Lab

August 25, 2023 at 6:13 am

Thank you for your answer!

Do you have any sources to share where I can find this step by step to comply with ISO 16128 (for companies that intend to join)? For example, who does the audit, how is it requested, etc…

All I find are articles talking about the products themselves and the characteristics of the ISO in question.