Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating how to thicken an 100% oily serum

• simona

December 10, 2013 at 8:24 am

LOL , that is what I love about making my own skincare. Now, what would something like that cost on the shelves - marketing and international brand added? :)))

Plus, it’s so much fun in changing the recipe each month and adding the other half of oil soluble actives one has bought….

• Chemist77

December 10, 2013 at 9:21 am

Let me guess if someone had to buy this product he/she should have a net worth of not less 500 mil ;-)

• MakingSkincare

December 10, 2013 at 9:35 am

looks great Simona. Let us know how the testing goes.

• OldPerry

December 10, 2013 at 10:09 am

As far as pasting a spreadsheet, unless you know html code the best way would be to take a screen shot and post the picture.

• simona

December 10, 2013 at 10:14 am

@Perry - thanks for the hint - will do either that or just copy-paste in notepad and take the pure text from there !

• OldPerry

December 10, 2013 at 2:05 pm

Since formulas are such a big part of this discussion board, I’m going to look into a way to do it better.

• Anonymous

January 31, 2014 at 5:52 am

CONTACT ME ON-jivanmrityu@yahoo.co.in, i can help 

• kot

August 29, 2017 at 3:48 pm

Well, now 4 years later, do we still have only Dimethicone  and  Ajinomoto’s EB 21 & GP 1 for clear oil- gel?

• ChemicalPyros

April 2, 2018 at 2:04 pm

I have had experience in thickening oils using Resin Wax ( C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane). This wax reduce the oily feel and is an excellent ingredient. The only problem is that it is relatively expensive and sometimes it forms crystals on the surface if cooled inappropriately.

Page 2 of 2