How cationic and non cationic polymers deposit on hair From Shampoo and cause buildup?
Suppose there is a Shampoo with 0.3% guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride as conditioner and 0.5% non-ionic guar gum or xanthan gum as thickener. How does this cationic guar gum deposit on hair from applying this shampoo?
It has positive charge and it attaches to negative charge of hair and remains there.
1. If so then what happens to other cationic guar molecules when all negative charges of hai has attached to some cationic guar and there is no more free negative charge?
2. Will more molecules of cationic guar set on top of each other without ionic attachment and cause buildup or they don’t bind/stay in hair?
3. If they set on top of each other without ionic attachment then will other polymers(xanthan gum and non-ionic guar gum) also stay on hair this way and cause buildup?
If not why not?
4. If they dont stay on hair then how do they cause buildup in long term?
It deposit in hair via dilution/deposition method.
5. Then will non-ionic guar gum and xanthan gum also deposit in hair by this method?
If not then why not?
Log in to reply.