I’ve been reading up on emulsions and have some questions:
1) Can you see flocculation/coagulation occuring? I know you can see creaming and sedimentation occuring but I’m not sure about flocculation/coagulation.
2) How can you make water less dense so that it can be closer to the density of the oil phase in an emulsions? Can adding glycerin make the water phase less dense? Also, how can you increase the density of the oil phase? Can you do this by adding high molecular weight oils?
3) Should you only add thickeners to the continuous phase of an emulsion (for stability)?
4) Why are anionic emulsifiers not compatible in cationic environments and vice versa?
5) When looking at a formula, how do you determine which emulisifier is the primary and which is the secondary emulsifier?
I know this is a lot but I appreciate any help. Thanks!
Log in to reply.