Emulsifying Oil Cleanser - Need some clarification!
I am formulating my own emulsifying oil cleanser and I bought a bunch of ingredients from Making Cosmetics as well as Lotion Crafter, this is what I got:
**For emulsifiers I bought:
- Cromollient SCE
- Polysorbate 80
- Cream Maker Fluid
- PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil
- Olivem 300
- Polyglyceryl - 4 Oleate
- Emulsifying wax
- Green tea, Algae, Oat, and Calendula (glycerin and water based)
**For the carrier oils, I have access to various types and I was thinking:
- Rice bran, Safflower, Grapeseed, Olive oil, Sweet Almond, Castor oil, Sunflower and Jojoba (a blend, or one)
(please give suggestions too!)
- Isopropyl Myristate (I read it helps for a cleaner rinse)
- Squalene to use in small amounts
I haven’t gone into specific formulas yet because I have a few questions:
1. The oat extract has phenoxyethanol in it already, so is extra preservative needed or not?
2. Is phenoxyethanol fine to use? The only ingredients with some water are the extracts (couldn’t find oil-based)
3. Is a surfactant needed?
4. I would really like to give the oil a purple tint and was thinking of making a concentrated butterfly pea flower extract, should i go for an oil base, glycerin or water?
Apart from that, if you guys would like to share recipes that have worked well for you guys that include the ingredients mentioned above please feel free to share, as well as any tips about specific oil blends or mixing certain ingredients.
Log in to reply.