Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating General Requests / Opportunities ALOE VERA gel formulation with carbopol 940

• ALOE VERA gel formulation with carbopol 940

Posted by Anonymous on March 19, 2019 at 7:21 pm

Greetings!!
    Every time i attempt to make gel of aloevera juice , it fails 50% times.
    Procedure

•  Blend aloevera pulp
    •  Strain the juice
    •  Boil it till sliminess is finished
    • Cool it ( room temps around 30 C) add carbolpol 940 powder 
    •  wait for around 6 hrs 
    •  Blend it again (to ensure proper homogenization)
    •  Add TEA drop by drop
    •  NOW the problem is … once you use a blender  it remains a frothy watery liquid (50% times)

i have noticed that amount of carbopol consumed in Aloe juice vs plain water is at least 4to5 times !!
    other times it gels and on standing (4-5 days) a while air bubbles are also reduced .

Please advi c/s e

Vicky71 replied 8 months, 1 week ago 14 Members · 17 Replies
  • 17 Replies
  • JonahRay

March 19, 2019 at 7:34 pm

Aloe is full of electrolytes. You need a thickening system with more electrolyte tolerance. Carbopol 940 has lower tolerance than other polymer thickeners like Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer.

• Anonymous

March 21, 2019 at 7:20 am

• ravimosai

March 21, 2019 at 3:34 pm

Don’t use Aloe pulp made at home, you won’t get the desired result.. You can buy Aloe vera Juice (with or without pulp) , or you can also use Aloe vera extract. if you want I can email the formulation. Free of cost. Ready to help!!

• drjaysee

March 13, 2023 at 7:58 am

I want to get your formulation, please mail me at drjayseesunish@gmail.com

• Vicky71

November 19, 2023 at 12:03 am

Please Shere aloevera gel formulation using carbopol 940

• Kwalters613

March 25, 2019 at 8:20 am

ravimosai said:

Don’t use Aloe pulp made at home, you won’t get the desired result.. You can buy Aloe vera Juice (with or without pulp) , or you can also use Aloe vera extract. if you want I can email the formulation. Free of cost. Ready to help!!

• Kwalters613

March 25, 2019 at 8:22 am

Hello Ravimosai 
    can you email me the formulation???
    karenwalters613@yahoo.com
    thank you. 

• ravimosai

March 28, 2019 at 4:22 pm

I will

• Anonymous

April 2, 2019 at 12:39 pm

Thanks a lot Ravimosai ji , I agree with you ” the gel formed is translucent but never transparent ?!(filtration issues)…
    however my concern was to prepare the entire formulation from scratch and free of routine preservatives.

• Dr Catherine Pratt

May 19, 2019 at 7:59 am

I think #diakarv wanted to have a go at making it from the plant itself, it can be very therapeutic and satisfying. Lets help him try doing it from the plant itself. What filtration method were you using?

• Dtdang

May 20, 2019 at 5:55 pm

Try Sepiplus 400 freedom emulsifier 
    you will overcome the electrolyzing 

• belassi

May 20, 2019 at 11:38 pm

Carbopol Ultrez-20 works well with aloe vera. Much better than 940.

• Aziz

May 22, 2019 at 4:08 pm

I think #diakarv wanted to have a go at making it from the plant itself, it can be very therapeutic and satisfying. Lets help him try doing it from the plant itself. What filtration method were you using?

Filtration of Alovera gel is very time consuming . At first I used a curd filter , but after straining some drops it was clogged.  Then I take a  net cloth.  It works and I was able to strained 80% of alovera juice. Then I filtered twice with curd filter following strained  with a fine cloth . During the process I followed GMP as much as correctly and consciously. 
    Mr . Diakrv want to use the juice  without preservative . with only antioxidant like vit E , it will last only 3 to 5 days in a refrigerator.
    But I added citric acid after heating process and then add Nabenzoate.  I made a batch of moisturising cream with this Juice and it was very fine  and soothing.  

• Pious

October 1, 2020 at 4:52 am

Ravimosai sir pls email me too the gel making recipe muslimahworld17@gmail.com. Thanks in Advance. 

• Gordana

October 7, 2020 at 9:05 pm

Dear Ravumosai, can I get the recipe too?
    Thank you ! My email : gordanazrnic272@gmail.com

• rabiaumar

October 9, 2020 at 2:20 pm

I am making aloe vera gel using 200x powder, and carbomer 940, but it seems to get mouldy in 7-8 days 

I am using DMDMH at 0.7%
    can anyone help?
  • kajaljain

August 19, 2023 at 2:59 pm

Hello @ravimosai can help with aloevera gel formulation plz..

kajaloswal.14@gmail.com