Ne

I’m new to formulating anhydrous products. I’m trying to make a dental wax for applying to the teeth/braces to prevent chaffing of the tongue. 

Finding ingredients lists for these products is a challenge. Beyond the retailers sites, I’ve checked education-related sites and very specific other sites that only mention “a variety of waxes, oils, additives, etc.”

If you’re unfamiliar, this type of wax is typically mostly solid at room/mouth temperature. It is only upon kneading that the wax becomes pliable. Once kneading stops and the wax is applied, it resolidifies.

Anything you can share would help. Ingredients/starter formulations, additives details, wax/anhydrous tips... if you can direct me to a source of knowledge regarding this subject, that would be particularly helpful.  

Thank you!
Tagged:

Comments

• SpongeSponge Member
    [please delete, can't edit title]
  • MicroformulationMicroformulation Member, Professional Chemist

markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.