Article by: Perry Romanowski
Welcome to Day 27 of the 30 Days to Become a Better Cosmetic Chemist series
This 30 day challenge is all about giving you lessons and basic exercises that will improve your abilities as a cosmetic chemist.
In this episode
In today’s program we talk about a little discussed topic for cosmetic formulators, cost savings or how to reduce the cost of your formula without sacrificing quality.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Five strategies for reducing the cost of a formula
- How to find and eliminate unnecessary ingredients
- Which ingredients can be safely reduced
- The ingredient which usually has the most impact on formula price
- How to find alternative ingredients that cost less
- The power of dilution
See if you can reduce the cost of one of your formulas by 10%.