Chemists Corner is a website written for cosmetic chemists by cosmetic chemists. It is meant to be a resource and gathering place for cosmetic chemists to learn tips, swap stories, and find out how to survive and thrive in the cosmetic industry.
Our mission is to help you land a job in the cosmetic industry and become a better scientist once you get there. The first step is to sign up for our free ebook and mini course in cosmetic science. Just put your information in here.
What will you learn?
- Technology: Reviews of available technologies and assessments of how well the ingredients work for your applications. Not the stuff you get from raw material sales and marketing people. Real assessments of what works and whether it’s worth changing your formulas.
- Formulating 101: A review of basic cosmetic chemistry and formulation. Sure, you might be an expert in one particular area, but what do you do when you need to formulate a product that you’ve never done before? Read these articles to quickly get up to speed on the basics of cosmetic formulating.
- Innovation: Tips and tricks on how you can become more innovative. Do you find yourself creating the same formula and merely changing the color and fragrance? You didn’t need a degree in chemistry to do that! Be innovative. Be creative. Make original formulas and make revolutionary ideas.
- Industry Happenings: These are articles about the cosmetic industry and how things that happen might affect you and your job. Learn about the various trade associations and how they can be beneficial to you.
- Resources: Reviews of books, articles and other products that will be helpful to the cosmetic chemist.
- Chemists Lifestyle: Practical advice for time management, setting goals, handling insurance and finances. All the things that you have to know, but were never taught in science classes.
- Career: This section will have articles about getting a job, networking, dealing with headhunters, and using the Internet to stay connected & aware of new opportunities.
- Chemists Corner Forum: This is a place to swap stories, tips, tricks and other advice to help the community of cosmetic chemists thrive. Stay connected with friends & colleagues while getting your questions to cosmetic chemistry challenges answered.
Free Cosmetic Science information
We will be adding new information frequently so check back each day for fresh updates. Also, consider subscribing to email list here. You will get a free e-book on cosmetic formulating and also a free 4-part series on cosmetic science and the cosmetic industry.
About the Author
Perry Romanowski has been formulating cosmetic products and inventing solutions to solve consumer problems since the early 1990’s. Additionally, he has written and edited numerous articles and books, taught continuing education classes for industry scientists, and developed successful websites. His latest book is Beginning Cosmetic Chemistry 3rd Edition published by Allured.
Connect with Perry on the following social media sites.
And if you are curious for mores, see this post on how Perry became a cosmetic chemist.
Comments and opinions written by authors on Chemists Corner are their own and do not represent the views of any past, present or future employers.
If you have a comment or question you can contact us here.