Limited Brands, through its high-emotion brands Victoria’s Secret, Bath and Body Works, Pink, La Senza and Henri Bendel, is an international specialty retailer delivering lingerie, personal care and beauty products, apparel and accessories to customers worldwide. Limited Brands, which recorded sales of $10.4 billion in 2011 and employs more than 90,000 associates, was Fortune’s 2011 World’s Most Admired specialty retailer. Limited Brands is seeking a MANAGER, PRODUCT SAFETY AND DATA INTEGRITY for our Columbus, OH headquarters. Full relocation support is available.
The Manager is the functional leader managing product safety, efficacy and data integrity functions for assigned brand — Bath and Body Works (including Home Fragrance) or Victoria’s Secret Beauty, and support Victoria’s Secret apparel projects as needed. The manager is also responsible for monitoring and implementing safety, efficacy and development on a global scale. Being a scientific advisor and facilitating introduction of new technologies and functional ingredients to maximize product performance and market positioning. Providing guidance and communication to business sub-brands and support our influence in external industry trade expert committees. Leading and guiding Formula Control and Change Management to ensure product data integrity for assigned brand, including comprehensive end-to-end data, formula, information accuracy, completeness and accountable for formula change follow-up and communication. Guiding and supporting career development for direct reports and mentoring junior staff for continual development of safety and efficacy capability to expand functional expertise and skills.
|RESPONSIBILITIES:– Responsible for product safety and efficacy project execution for the brand assigned
– Responsible for data integrity by overseeing operations of formula control and change management functions for the brand assigned
– Responsible for highly complex performance claims substantiation and to ensure harmonized testing protocol for global suitability
– Accountable for On Time & Cost for the entire brand assigned
– Accountable for Contract Research Organization engagement/issue resolution
– Accountable for metric reporting and analysis of assigned brand
– Accountable for supporting new methodology development and assessing product safety and efficacy and staying current with new developments in both domestic and global markets
– Support Product Innovations and external technology assessment
– Responsible for handling all Adverse Event evaluation of assigned brand and provide recommendation of follow-up plan. Work with Regulatory in determining reporting strategy/decision
– Responsible for monitoring NGO activities and reporting to internal departmental and external partners
– Support industry and association engagement with specialized product or category interest group
– Responsible for departmental SOPs – update and initiate new SOPs when needed
– Responsible for department specific product and raw material policies and execute necessary testing and research associated with these policies
– Support cost saving initiative within assigned brand and ensure effective change management execution to fulfill the needs
– Responsible for overall team associate performance goal setting and support associate mid-year and annual review, present associate in Calibration and team reviews
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCES:
Minimum BS degree and 8+ years, MS degree and 5+ years or Ph.D. degree and 3+ years of industry experience. Formula and raw material knowledge is key.
Strong computer competency and working knowledge of integrated databases; experience in system administration or database design is a plus.
Demonstrated ability to apply technology to support business process.
Excellent analytical skills and technical aptitude; effective oral and written communication skills.
Team player with ability to effectively interface with all levels of management and with internal and external customers.
Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite.