We have a new feature here on Chemists Corner…job opportunities! Our first job opportunity in the cosmetic industry comes from a Northeastern United States raw material supply company. The job details are as follows:
JOB TITLE: ACCOUNT MANAGER/TECHNICAL SALES — PERSONAL CARE
This important position will manage a portfolio of customers that include major consumer products companies, as well as specialty personal care companies in the Northeastern United States. The Account Manager will be responsible for building and expanding customer relationships by demonstrating the ability to understand needs, identify opportunities, present appropriate solutions, and provide ongoing account support to grow sales revenues. Based at the regional office in NJ or a home office in the tri-state area comprising New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, regular visits to customer locations in the region may require up to 25% overnight travel. Specific responsibilities will include:
- As key contact with customers, develop broad and deep relationships within the R&D organizations and gain specifications and inclusion in product development projects.
- Work with customer purchasing, manufacturing and other groups to maximize existing business, complete the sales process and strengthen overall business relationships.
- Develop and execute strategic account plans for target accounts.
- Keep abreast of customer needs, industry trends, technology advancements, and market changes; and provide ongoing communication to R&D and company leadership to support product development and market development projects and ideas.
- Work internally with customer service, manufacturing, and other important internal functions to meet customer needs with full account support.
The ideal candidate will have at least 7 years of experience in the personal care industry with a track record of progression from laboratory and product development work to technical sales and account management. Demonstrated ability to interact with customers and strengthen relationships is very important. Candidates must understand the complex decision making process within major consumer products companies, and be able to use that knowledge to play a key role in early stage ingredient specification for product formulations, manage pricing negotiations, and provide ongoing technical support. A bachelor’s degree in chemistry or a related discipline is required.
This role requires outstanding communications and interpersonal skills. The right person will be highly motivated and results oriented with personal attributes that include intelligence, entrepreneurial spirit, energy and enthusiasm. Compensation will include an attractive base salary reflecting the level of experience plus incentive bonus, automobile allowance, and outstanding employee benefits.
For confidential consideration, please send your resume to Sharon Long, email@example.com.