Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating General Requests / Opportunities Contract ‘Filler’ Needed In Florida for Bulk Lipstick, Lip Gloss & Mascara (500 to 3,000 Units Each)

• Contract ‘Filler’ Needed In Florida for Bulk Lipstick, Lip Gloss & Mascara (500 to 3,000 Units Each)

Posted by Anonymous on June 21, 2016 at 5:23 am

Good day,

Can anyone please recommend a contract ‘filler’ company in Florida that can assist us to fill our ready made / bulk 95% natural / 80% organic Lipsticks, Lip Glosses and Mascaras into empty tubes?  Our required volumes range from 500 to 3,000 units per color per product and we have several colors per product.

We want this resource to be located in Florida because of proximity to our warehouse and logistical reasons.  Any suggestion / recommendation is greatly appreciated.  Thank you.  

Wolf replied 7 years, 6 months ago 5 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Bobzchemist

June 21, 2016 at 2:25 pm

With numbers that low, I think you’d be much better off financially hiring two or three temps for a week and filling the products by hand. Any contract filler that would take this on is going to charge you an enormous amount of money to do this - I’d estimate $3 - $4 per piece.

The reason why, by the way, is cleaning and sanitization time for the equipment. On a very, very small filling line, 500 pieces might take an hour, or even two. A more commonly sized line would fill 500 pieces in ten or twenty minutes. But then the line will need to be cleaned and sanitized for the next product, and you’re going to have to pay for that time also.

• Anonymous

June 21, 2016 at 4:31 pm

Hi Bobzchemist,

Thank you for your comments.  We actually found 1 or 2 small companies in TX that are willing to assist and their prices are not bad but we would prefer to stay with a resource in FL if possible.  Our search continues.

You are right about setting up shop and hiring 1 or 2 temps to fill manually but our biggest issue is maintaining the required filling / viscosity temps for the lipstick and mascara during filling.  We can fill the Lip Glosses easily with a basic manual filling set-up but we are still working on the set up for the lipsticks and mascaras.  Any suggestions in this regard?  Thank you.  

• Bobzchemist

June 21, 2016 at 5:27 pm

What kind of budget do you have?

• DavidW

July 15, 2016 at 12:25 am

@makeupcook if you need someone in Florida for something other than color cosmetics let me know.  I own a contract manufacturing company in Miami.  Send me a private message on here if needed.

• Digidec

July 20, 2016 at 1:43 pm

Have you found a filler yet?

• Anonymous

July 20, 2016 at 7:06 pm

Hi, no, we have not.

• Fastfiller

July 31, 2016 at 3:08 pm

couple options, either buy your own table-top tube sealing equipment or contract it out, best to use a company who specializes in tubes…

tube sealer machine for small runs:  http://www.TubeSealingMachine.com

flat-rate tube filling for small runs:  http://www.TubeFillSeal.com

• Anonymous

August 16, 2016 at 4:05 pm

Hi makeupcook, please can you highlight who the companies were in TX please?

I am having the same issue. I’m in the process of launching a new makeup brand, but having difficulty trying to find a company who will fill small quantities :-(

Have you had any luck yet?

• Wolf

October 13, 2016 at 4:11 pm

Hello, everyone,
    We are a company here in Delaware doing tube filling services, specializing in small runs.
    Please contact us at : 
    info@mazzpac.com

• Wolf

October 14, 2016 at 2:40 pm

@ MakupCook & @ Khan,

Please contact us for short production filling services, we should be able to assist you. 
    info@mazzpac.com