anti-hair-growth

This if it works could lead to a product, for instance a hydrating gel for women that also suppresses hair growth. What do you think of that idea?
Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.

Comments

• braveheartbraveheart Member
    edited January 2015
    Is this being made for general manufacture or there are some patent prohibitions on it?

I once knew about the Gymnema sylvestre, main extract, being used for diabetes.
  • For marketing purposes - yes.
  • I'd like to see a study with a larger sample size, longer testing time, and something that accounts for the varying growth phases each hair follicle could be in.
  • Hmmm. The extract is not too expensive at around $100 / kg and a usage rate of 5% implying a per product kilo cost of $5. I think I will formulate a test product, probably a women's aftershave gel or cream that also inhibits regrowth.
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • PerryPerry Administrator, Professional Chemist
    If it worked, it would be a drug (at least in the US) and wouldn't be legal to sell.

However, if it did work you could get an NDA and I'm sure it would make millions.
  • Hello :
    ARP 100 from GREENTECH(  Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Extract,
    Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Extract )
    After two depilation cycles, ARP 100 used at
    5% limits the fresh hair growth by 37%