Triclosan is a somewhat ubiquitous gram + antimicrobial, but it seems to be getting a bad wrap lately. I'm not particularly concerned about if these opinions are backed by solid science or not (although I do believe that overuse of a single antimicrobial is not a good thing), whats important is that selective people may not want this ingredient in their products. That said, are there good alternatives to Triclosan out there (?) that have most of the following properties;
- Anti-microbial activity against gram + bacteria on the skin (anti-odor)
- Relatively low cost/concentration used ratio
- Low odor (microbial itself does not stink)
- Doesn't sound extremely scary on label
- Stable around non-ionic surfactants
OK, I know that's probably a tall order, but I am open to suggestions. I look forward to your comments.
First time poster and new member,