Matte liquid lip stain

Unknown Member
edited November 2014 in Color and makeup
Hi, 
I'm trying to create a lip stain, I have a few ingredients but need help with percentages. Hope someone could help me with my recipe.

Comments

• BobzchemistBobzchemist Member, PCF student
    This information is widely available on the web. Google is your friend...
    Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."
  • PerryPerry Administrator, Professional Chemist
    Your question is a bit vague.  But you can use this as a source of finding starting cosmetic formulas.

• Thanks for responding Guys. I'm new to this, I'm testing out with Isododecane, Trimethysilioxysilicate, Cyclopentaesiloxane, dimthicone, Hyfrogenerated polysobutene, magnesium myristate,carnauba wax, peppermint oil, mica, oxides, titanium dioxide, and vitamin e. I cant figure out a formula
  • There are many "homemade" starter formulas on the Internet. Start there, and then go with trial and error. Or, I am sure there are many consultants on here who would help for a fee.
  • Thank you, I'm looking into it now
  • Im doing the same thing but i cant seem to buy trimethysiloxysilicate anywhere. The recipe is hard to find. Ive been looking myself for months!
  • BobzchemistBobzchemist Member, PCF student
    It's made by Shin-Etsu. 

For formulations, try the ones at KOBO

Really folks, I double checked - less than a 10-second search each for both of these bits of information. Admittedly, I already knew that KOBO was a reliable source of information for formulas, but still...
    Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."