Shampoo surfactant problem

Ammonium lauryl sulphate (ALS)
Cocomidopropyl betaine (CAPB)
Sodium lauroyl sarcosinate

Is their any way to get this stable.... <ALS need ph below 6,5 and Sodium lauroyl sarcosinate need above 6. Seem to be a small window, will this make a problem ?

Thanks

Comments

• BelassiBelassi Member, PCF student
    I advise you not to try this, if it's true that the third surfactant needs a pH > 6. You will get the ALS breaking down and your product will smell of ammonia. Use another surfactant such as sodium cocoamphoacetate. pH max 5.5 for ALS to stay stable.
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • UmffUmff Member
    so i need a very effictive surfactant, but a also want a high  pH in the product
    ph 5,5 is to low

i dont wanna use SLS/SLES

Any suggestion
  • AOS and CAPB should work.
  • UmffUmff Member
    thanks 

is AOS in efficiant sufactant?
    ,,, its a clarifing shampoo

Ammonium lauryl sulphate (ALS)
    Sodium laureth sulphate (SLES)
    Sodium lauryl sulphate (SLS)
    Sodium coco-sulfate (SCS)
    Sodium C14-16 olefin sulfonate (AOS)

Sodium polystyrene sulfonate

is the only i found work in this context

Please inlight me 

• I have not worked with ALS and can't comment on it, but Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate is a great surfactant and there is absolutely no need for it to be above 6. A useful chart:  https://www.instagram.com/p/B-cByGBHHiw/
    Olefin sulfonate is a great surfactant too, but sarcosinate is milder. Olefin Sulfonate lathers better.