Vegetable Based Polymeer

Can anyone recommend a vegetable based polymer for a mascara formulation that will impart transfer resistance and drying? My formula contains, xanthan, alginates, hydroxyethylcellulose but they are not giving me what I need.  I don't want to use plastics and silicone since this is an organic formula.  

Comments

• MicroformulationMicroformulation Member, Professional Chemist
    An Organic product (in the US) is a product that is produced and certified under the USDA NOP Cosmetics program. It is one of the few defined terms in this area.

That said, I believe you would need to reveal the Formula (materials, percentages, phases) to really give anyone the tools to adequately troubleshoot the issue and suggest appropriate materials.
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.
  • Natpure Film AP from Sensient? Try this maybe. I failed once with natural mascara because of not enought resistance, hope you do better ;)
  • I've recently found Vellaplex by INOLEX, I like it a lot :)
  • Is Lexfeel naturally derived?
    Dr. Catherine Pratt
    (B.Sc with HONS I , Ph.D Analytical/Organic Chem and Microbiology), Cosmetic Chemistry IPCS)
  • carocaro Member
    Jennova said:
    I've recently found Vellaplex by INOLEX, I like it a lot :)
    Hi! Do you know where to purchase in the US in lower quantities? The two suppliers I have spoken to have very large MOQs and I have found the effective percentage to be about 2% in my formula, so it would take me a lifetime to get through a 400lb drum. :)
  • Hi there, you can use silicone alternatives like ISOamyl Laurate & the Silc Olives plus you can use Mg Stearate as a binder, water resistant plus non- comodogenic.
    hope this helps Catherine 
    Dr. Catherine Pratt
    (B.Sc with HONS I , Ph.D Analytical/Organic Chem and Microbiology), Cosmetic Chemistry IPCS)
  • PharmaPharma Member, Pharmacist
    Is Lexfeel naturally derived?
    The LexFeel series is naturally derived ;) though not all LexFeels are polymers but rather (volatile) silicone oil replacements. I have no idea whether they work or not.