DAX wave & groom

AmiraAmira Member
edited February 2019 in Formulating

Hello everyone, 
I am trying to make a hair wax like dax wave and groom. 
The LOI IS :
VASLINE
 PARAFFIN Oil
 LANOLIN
I tried many percentages to reach the same texture and that stickiness of the wax.  I've reached 60 % lanolin but still not reached that. 
I got various samples which is good but not the same as dax. 
What do i miss here? 
Thanks in advance 

Comments

• Vaseline and paraffin oil are mixtures, not single substances
    so their composition, thus viscosity is likely different than the one you are using.

Try with other grades or suppliers.
  • @Gunther thank you for your reply
    Unfortunately, I couldn't reach anything from suppliers as here they are just distributors 
  • FekherFekher Member, Professional Chemist
    edited February 2019
    @Amira  petrolatum can contain different level of wax so if you want more hold just try to add few amont of beewax .
  • Bill_TogeBill_Toge Member, Professional Chemist
    petrolatum can be hugely variable between different suppliers; you could also try using lanolin wax in place of lanolin itself
    UK based formulation chemist. Strongest subjects: hair styling, hair bleaches, hair dyes (oxidative and non-oxidative) I know some stuff about: EU regulations, emulsions (O/W and W/O), toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoos, other toiletries
  • AmiraAmira Member
    @Fekher @Bill_Toge ;
    Thanks for ur input. I used bees wax also but it is not the hold or hardness. I i am aiming this stickiness but I Can't. 
    I will try to get lanolin wax to try. 
    Thanks again. 
    edited March 2019
    @Amira i don't think that lanolin wax will be more efficace then beewax for your need i have experience with such product , i think that you need to find the adequat amount of beewax .
  • AmiraAmira Member
    @Fekher thanks i will give it a second try. 
    you are welcome @Amira
  • AmiraAmira Member
    @fekher I get close using ozokerite wax 25 % and bees wax 3% , Vaseline, and lanolin and no oils
    I just want to update 
    @Amira thanks for update actually it is interesting product.