liquid soap concentrate made of powder

Has anyone got a recipe to make a liquid soap out of powder.  I just want to mix powders...carry it with me in the bush, then add it to a bottle of water to make a liquid soap on demand...any ideas on formulas with different surfactant ratios?

Comments

• svensven Member
    Maybe I am not seeing this. Most of the syn surfactants are liquid already those that's not liquid (SLS) needs heat ?
  • BelassiBelassi Member, PCF student
    ermmm... Persil?
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • MarkBroussardMarkBroussard Member, Professional Chemist
    Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate (Powder).  There is also a paste version.
    Chemist/Microbiologist formulating in the Organic & Naturals & Clean Beauty arena under ECOCert/Natural Products Assn/Whole Foods/National Organic Program/Clean At Sephora/Credo Clean guidelines focused skincare & haircare products. 

See website for details www.desertinbloomcosmeticslab.com
  • Thanks, I will look these up.
  • Sodium cocoyl glutamate powder .. double check but I think is also biodegradable so better for the environment if you’re in the bush. 
  • chemicalmattchemicalmatt Member, Professional Chemist
    For "bush soap" - meaning a liquid that will clean your hands, utensils, dishes, clothes even, I'd blend together 5.0 - 10.0% sodium lauryl sulfate 98% powder (Stepanol WA-100) with sodium bicarbonate as base, ass 1.0% tetrasodium EDTA as anti-deposition aid, then call it soap when diluted 1: 20. This will dissolve in water far easier than those other solid-state surfactants mentioned.