Summer Internship

Hi everybody! 
I studied Pharmacy for my undergrad and I am currently doing a Cosmetic Science & Fragrance masters in France. Before now, I did the UK SCS diploma in Cosmetic science while working in R&D as a graduate trainee for an FMCG company (disinfectants, cleaning & air care products, bar soaps, antiseptics) so I have some lab experience. The R&D lab was in a factory, so I also have experience working in a manufacturing environment.

Iv been searching for a formulation/R&D/product development summer internship (June-Aug) in Europe since late last year but haven't had any luck. I'v tried the big cosmetics companies, many raw material suppliers and several contract manufacturers but...nothing. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions? I would really appreciate any. I really want to get some formulation experience, and can't imagine a better way to spend the summer.

PS: I know the US offers a lot more opportunities but i'm restricted to Europe due to the short duration + need for a US visa.

Thank you!

Comments

• Bill_TogeBill_Toge Member, Professional Chemist
    can't speak for the rest of Europe, but manufacturers in the UK generally don't offer internships; your best bet is an entry-level position or a short-term contract job, e.g. covering someone who's on maternity leave
    UK based formulation chemist. Strongest subjects: hair styling, hair bleaches, hair dyes (oxidative and non-oxidative) I know some stuff about: EU regulations, emulsions (O/W and W/O), toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoos, other toiletries
  • Thank you for the advice Bill. 
  • MakingSkincareMakingSkincare Member, Professional formulator
    @ljeoma I might be able to help.  Please do send me a message if you are still looking.
    Jane Barber
    www.makingskincare.com
    www.learncosmeticformulation.com (free online course)
    Formulation discussion forum (18,000 members): www.facebook.com/groups/makingskincare/