Greetings, in previous post i made an attempt to make my own soap noodles mainly with palmoil, and it was very sucefull, now i will use tallow, i want to know if someone have any experience deodorizing and bleaching tallow, i began the following experiments today hoping that at least one could work:
1) Bleaching with natural bentonite, mixing 2% of bentonite with tallow at 70 Celcius for 30 minutes, then filter it.
2) Mixing solid tallow in 5% solution of naoh for 24 hours, then washing it with Nacl at 60celcius, then filter it
3) Dezodorizing putting tallow in a oven for about 4 hours at 150-200 celcius
4) Mixing tallow with charcoal at 70 celcius for 30 minutes and filtering
Experiment for tomorrow:
5) ussing 1% Phosphoric acid solution and 1% sodium hypoclhorite and mixing for about 1 hour with tallow
6) Bleaching with activated bentonite made ussing natural clay used in the #1 experimetn with 1N solution of Citric acid with little agitation for 1 hour and let it rest for 24 hour, (i will use phosphoric acid insted tomorrow )
I dont have the possibility to make vacum pressures to remove odor, im ussing steam injection to control the temperature, i will post the results of the experiments tomorrow, any help will be useful.