BTMS substitute?

BelassiBelassi Member, PCF student
My existing conditioner isn't good enough for curly hair. The conditioning agent is 2% cetrimonium chloride. I have heard that BTMS is much more effective - but it is unobtainable here. 
I do have available DEHYQUART C4046S (cetearyl alcohol and dipalmitoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate and Ceteareth-20)
- Would this make a more effective product than the cetrimonium chloride+cetearyl alcohol combo I have right now?
Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.

Comments

• MakingSkincareMakingSkincare Member, Professional formulator
    Can you get hold of Varisoft 432 PPG? 
    Jane Barber
    www.makingskincare.com
    www.learncosmeticformulation.com (free online course)
    Formulation discussion forum (18,000 members): www.facebook.com/groups/makingskincare/
  • BelassiBelassi Member, PCF student
    Varisoft 432 PPG? No. 
    Evonik products unavailable here. 
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
    There's this interesting formulation in ULP

• @Belassi may I suggest Crodazoquat MCC from Croda. This one is positioned to condition all types of hair, may it be curly, blonde or brunette. 
    Thanks for the suggestion, but Croda are impossible to do business with, unless you're a megacorporation.
  • do you have access to behtrimonium chloride? that could be used with CETAC and thickened with a fatty alcohol. this combination works well with my curly hair. Could also consider amodimethicone, I love it and have felt a considerable feeling in softness when i compared a formulation with it and one without it.
    Thanks for all the answers, but I can get what I can get, and nothing else. I cannot buy behentrimonium chloride nor SD. That is why I asked my original question. Unfortunately nobody has answered it, so I am just going to have to buy the material and try it for myself.
  • pepepepe Member
    You can have a try with polyquaternium-10 or guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride for conditioning. They are not completely the replacements for behentrimonium chloride but satisfactory.
  • ozgirlozgirl Member, PCF student
    @Belassi

We used Dehyquart 4046 in a hair conditioner for a number of years but had to reformulate when our supplier increased minimum order quantities and we could no longer justify using the C4046. We now use BTMS and have had no customer complaints after making the change.

Check the MOQs before requesting samples.

Hope this helps.
    Thank you, Ozgirl. So I assume you would say that 4046 is an effective choice?
  • ozgirlozgirl Member, PCF student
    @Belassi

Yes we found it effective in our product.
    Excellent - I just got the quote. Really cheap, about $1.25 / kilo. Just ordering some to try.