Body wash

naturalistanaturalista Member
edited March 2014 in Skin
I want to create a natural body wash for my line. I used castille soap, glycerin, water, and bubble wash concentrate, and some fragrance oils but it was not soapy enough. Will adding salt or citric acid help in creating more suds? I dont have alot of ingredients to experiment with so I need a for sure answer. If they would not help what will?

Comments

• Lecithin
    Xanthan gum.
  • Thanks for the quick reply! I did use guar gum after I posted the question, and it thickened pretty well. Will the lecithin add  more suds?
  • BelassiBelassi Member, PCF student
    My reference for foam in the shower is cold process soap which produces abundant stable lather. Lecithin won't give more foam.
    Castille soap is rubbish for foam. Forget it. Use a high foaming soap instead. Adding salt or citric acid will not help, quite the contrary in fact. What is the "bubble wash" and please post the % values.
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.