Preservative free face mask how long for shelf life?

Hello
A customer has asked me to formulate diy face masks that she can make in store and provide to the customer to use once or twice.
I have let her know that once she makes it it would need to be kept in the fridge and used within the week.
Is this correct? It would be using kitchen items, sterile water and clay. Is there any ingredients that she can add that will make the product last longer or will say 20% clay and glycerin make sure it is ok for 1 week. Also how can I make sure it is ok without sending for micro testing? 

have tried to convince her to use natural preservatives to no avail.

Cheers

Comments

• BelassiBelassi Member, PCF student
    Madness.
    Clay is a perfect breeding ground.
    The domestic fridge is heavily populated with sources of fungal and bacterial contamination including some very nasty organisms.
    You're looking for trouble.
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • BobzchemistBobzchemist Member, PCF student
    Needs at least 20% alcohol. Can only be a one-time use product. More than one use will be a disaster.
    Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."
  • BelassiBelassi Member, PCF student
    Many years ago I discovered, in a completely different type of business, an important fact:
    There are some customers that would be better for your business going somewhere else. In general: stay away from one-off productions, the possible revenue invariably doesn't justify your time and costs.
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • Thanks Belassi and Bobz chemist. I emailed the client back and havent had a response since. Sometimes its too hard to teach consumers that preservatives arent bad an actually can help from causing worse to happen. Shame!