Cocamide DEA & Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Incompatibility)
I’m formulating a low-poo shampoo for the curly hair public but I think that there’s some incompatibility between Cocamide DEA (I’m using it as a thickener) and Cocamidopropyl Betaine in my system (I’m using it as a gentle/low foamer surfactant).
When I add Cocamide DEA and CAPB the system becomes instantly cloudy. Does anyone know what can be happening? Has anyone ever experienced it? Any answer would be really helpful. I’ll put the formula down below:
1. Water… q.s. to 100%
1. PEG-150 Distearate - 1% (thickener)
2. Cocamidopropyl Betaine - 15% (gentle and low foamer surfactant)
2. Cocamide DEA - 5% (thickener)
3. Polyquaternium-10 - 0,5% (conditioning agent)
3. Plant Extract - 0,2% (marketing active)
4- PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil - 3% (solubilizer)
4 - Frangrance - 1%
4 - Preservative blend - 1%
Looking forward to hear from you.
Kind regards 🙂