Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating Cosmetic Industry Resources Oil soluble sweetener (Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate ?)

• Syl

October 2, 2021 at 1:44 pm

I use stevia leaves in a coconut oil suspension and it works well. Many manufacturers also use this sweetening method. 

• Dennis

October 3, 2021 at 6:58 pm

Syl said:

I use stevia leaves in a coconut oil suspension and it works well. Many manufacturers also use this sweetening method. 

Thank you for your response Syl. I will either find a really fine powdered stevia or (and) grind it up by myself. I know what a hassle it is to grind crystals up into powder that is fine enough to stay suspended in an oil because that’s what I did with xylitol.

I will attempt it with stevia by doing the following: 
    Grind it up as fine as possible.
    Mix it in with an oil.
    Strain the oil from remaining big crystals.
    Using the strained oil where, hopefully, a lot of stevia is present.

I have found a powdered stevia that I will order today. I have no clue how big the crystals are because it isn’t stated.

My previous questions still remain regarding the stearyl glycyrrhetinate, for those who are entering the thread.

• Syl

October 3, 2021 at 8:10 pm

@Dennis, you can buy the stevia already made for $3.65 plus shipping. 
    https://tkbtrading.com/products/stevia-sweetner

Best Syl

• Dennis

October 4, 2021 at 10:10 am

Syl said:

@Dennis, you can buy the stevia already made for $3.65 plus shipping. 
    https://tkbtrading.com/products/stevia-sweetner

Best Syl

Thank you Syl for the suggestion. I found this site too when searching the web frenetically but I was deterred by the shipping cost. We also have an additional import fee of about 10$ to get it into Sweden from any country outside of EU. The shipping time is quite long as well.

I will get my stevia powder soon and I will update you on whether I succeed in making the stevia suspension on my own. 

• ariepfadli

October 4, 2021 at 1:14 pm

Just buy non calorie sweetener tablet for your trial, grinding them with you pigment and vaselin with triroller mixer

There is alot alternative sweetener like sucralose, steviol, aspartame and saccharin or alcohol sugar like xylitol, manitol or sorbitol for light sweet taste