If a cotton ball dabbed with propanediol was rubbed on damp skin...

...what would the ratio of water to propanediol be?

Comments

• PerryPerry Administrator, Professional Chemist
    That depends.  How damp is the skin? (How much water is present)?  How soaked was the cotton ball with propanediol?

I'd guess anywhere from 1:1  to 1:100  (water:propanediol)
  • MarkBroussardMarkBroussard Member, Professional Chemist
    I think the correct answer is:  2.47359 parts Water / 97.52641 Propanediol
    Chemist/Microbiologist formulating in the Organic & Naturals arena under ECOCert/Natural Products Assn/Whole Foods/National Organic Program guidelines focused skincare & haircare products. 

See website for details www.desertinbloomcosmeticslab.com
  • MicroformulationMicroformulation Member, Professional Chemist

42. The answer is 42.
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.

• 42. The answer is 42.
    🤣🤣🤣
  • PaprikPaprik Member
    Crack up guys ... crack up  :D
  • Paprik said:
    Crack up guys ... crack up  :D
    Ok...Ok...

" If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound? "
  • I was inspired to ask this question after having seen a bottle of glycerin at the store that said to put some on a cotton ball and wipe across a moist face. Now I would think the ratio of glycerin to water would be much too high, thus it would be very sticky. But I wasn't sure. Maybe it's already diluted even though there wasn't any other ingredients labeled.