The latest market hype?

DaveStoneDaveStone Member
edited August 10 in General

Going by a simple search, I have not seen this oil sold anywhere else (except Amazon, of course), and there seems to be little info about it or the fruit it comes from. Lotioncrafter seems to have pulled those details out of their keister.
Maybe it's new to the market because the SDS and Tech Data tab states 'Specification Sheet coming soon!"
Tagged:

Comments

• GraillotionGraillotion Member
    edited August 10
    Been around forever...
    They just dust off the flavor of the month....

Buriti Oil - Virgin (bulknaturaloils.com)

Don't chase the hype....it will be out of date before you ever get a product created.... Make you own way... Set the trend...don't follow.

Create functional quality products...and the world will beat a path to your door...(as long as you have a good story)  :D

Wait till you see the color....and it carries an odor.

Buriti - Oil - Natural - Unrefined – Paris Fragrances USA

• PerryPerry Administrator, Professional Chemist
    How do you know it is actually Buriti Oil and not just mostly high oleic sunflower oil? 
  • MicroformulationMicroformulation Member, Professional Chemist
    edited August 10
    I was able to find 11 suppliers of this oil with just a few mouse clicks.
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.
  • MicroformulationMicroformulation Member, Professional Chemist

markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.
  • GraillotionGraillotion Member
    edited August 10

Hope you all are reading the first line in the description....great for self tanning products.....uummmm...yeah that means it will color your skin.  

Reminds me of a girl in high school....ONLY ate carrots....and you guessed it...literally turned orange.

Also later on....under 'odor'... When they say characteristic...hehehe...sometimes that mean nothing....sometimes that means run and hide. :) 

Looks like a really good candidate for that magic number, .1% and 99.9% story!

• I think you'll find that an emulsion that looks like 'tomato bisque'....Might be a hard sell.  :) 

Sorry...I really enjoy your questions....cause I absolutely went down your road... two years ago.