Body wash

How to make a luxurious body wash. 

Comments

• MicroformulationMicroformulation Member, Professional Chemist
    What have you tried already? That is a big question and the Forum is not meant for free Formulas.
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.
  • kconleykconley Member
    Thank you for your response. So ingredients as follows: water obviously and the following: polyquaternium 7,tetrasdoium EDTA, bamboo extract, sodium isethionate, coco betaine, isoamyl laurate aka (dermafeel sensolv), castor oil, e.o's 1.40% . And vitamin E glycerin, bamboo powder, geogard 221. I  was not impressed with the final product. I had a hard time dissolving the isethionate, but someone on the gave me feedback on how to melt. I haven't retried it yet. 
  • AbdullahAbdullah Member
    Write the percentage of each ingredient. And how much money you are ready to spend?
  • PaprikPaprik Member
    It really depends, please supply the full formula and method. 
    SCI is hard to work with, it does take a lot of time to dissolve. 

You can already get rid of the castor oil and try to swap EO for fragrance. Then you could also remove vit E.
    I got scared when I saw Polyquat-7 on secondplace, thought you wrote down an ingredients list :D 
  • Cafe33Cafe33 Member
    I made a bodywash using 8% SCI, 12% SLSa, 12% CAPB with peppermint oil. I used the pulverized powdered form of SCI and did not have a problem whatsoever. It stayed in solution for close to a year until I used it all. 

It has a nice feel and foam is nice but in the end, it doesn't clean so well and costs a fortune to make. If you insist on sticking to sulfate free, I found a Lauryl Sarcosinate/Decyl Glucoside/CAPB to work just as well yet costs much less.

In the end I went with a ALS type of blend similar to PLANTAREN APB with CAPB, Decyl Glucoside, Lamesoft PO 65 and the results have been outstanding. Also costs 1/5 of my original formulation.
  • kconleykconley Member
    Yes. Thanks everyone. I'm going a different direction for now and start all over.