Brow Soap

Hi, I'm working on an eyebrow soap similar to "Lash Brow Soap Brows". The ingredience list :Water, Glycerin, Steareth-21, PVP, Parfum, DMDM ​​Hydantoin.
 I tried adding  1% PVC and 20/ 30 /35% Steareth-21, but I only get sticky non-transparent product which in no way resembles to the target product. Any idea how to make transparent semi-solid brow soap?

Comments

• I saw that the label states China as the country of production, so I decided not to stick to the ingredients on the label. I replaced steareth with ceteareth-20 (40%) and managed to achieve a clear semi gel, but it is still too sticky.
  • you can do a brow gel with glycerin soap and fibers to it..
  • Bill_TogeBill_Toge Member, Professional Chemist
    edited July 2021
    what's the K number of the PVP you're using?
    UK based cosmetic chemist with 13 years' experience at the bench. I've worked with pretty much everything apart from pressed powders, soap, solid lipstick and aerosols.
  • KarolinaPLKarolinaPL Member
    edited July 2021
    Stanley said:
    you can do a brow gel with glycerin soap and fibers to it..
    My client said that he doesn't want to have any detergent/ NaOH etc in his brow soap
  • KarolinaPLKarolinaPL Member
    edited July 2021
    Bill_Toge said:
    what's the K number of the PVP you're using?

K-90 and K-30. But I got better results with 90

• Use beeswax does your client have a benchmark?
  • Stanley said:
    Use beeswax does your client have a benchmark?
    He want to have sth similar to Lash Brow Soap Brows https://sklep.lashbrow.pl/en_US/p/Soap-brows-Lash-Brow/694

Unfortunately beewax is not an option for him
    K-90 is sticky and fibrous by nature; try using K-30, and adding PEG-40 or PEG-60 hydrogenated castor oil for a more subtle effect
    UK based cosmetic chemist with 13 years' experience at the bench. I've worked with pretty much everything apart from pressed powders, soap, solid lipstick and aerosols.
  • @Bill_Toge @Stanley . thank you for your answears. I am still wondering if it is possible to make eyebrow soap on steareth-21 and get transparent soap . I also wonder about the preservative - the mass remains liquid up to 80oC. Will any preservative be able to handle this temperature? I was thinking about  DMDM Hydantoin or phenoxyethanol
  • I have one more problem. When i'm adding PVP (2%) , soap turns opaque. Would dimethicone or isopropyl myristate help? 
    phenoxyethanol is stable up to 120 °C; I wouldn't recommend using DMDM hydantoin above about 60 °C
  • Bill_Toge said:
    phenoxyethanol is stable up to 120 °C; I wouldn't recommend using DMDM hydantoin above about 60 °C
    thank you .
  • my formula keeps getting better, but the soap is opaque and leaves tiny white lumps on the eyebrows. I want to add Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil. This should help with my clarity, but I'm not sure what I can do with the white flecks