Bench sample records

What does everyone use to keep track of all your bench samples? I would like to set up a spreadsheet and wanted to know if anyone has examples of what they use, whether its a program or just their own spreadsheets? Any examples would be great!

Comments

• I use the simplest form...

:D 
  • Ha ha, yes, the trusty notebook!
  • MicroformulationMicroformulation Member, Professional Chemist
    Honestly, we have never found a software package that met all our needs, so we created one with Excel templates and Microsoft Access. Fortunately it also was easy to utilize with a tablet. We are tablet-based in the lab now.
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.
  • PharmaPharma Member, Pharmacist
    A laptop with Excel (my own template), Word, PDF and the like. My template isn't useful for someone else... I should really learn how to program VBA.
    A lab book (= a chaotic bunch of loose papers scribbled full of ideas and observations even myself can't decipher after a few months) are just something I learned and had to do (mostly because these hold up in court whilst electronic documents might be altered too easily).
  • Well I'm glad I'm  not the only one with a chaotic lab book! I think I will just have to set up a spreadsheet simply for record keeping.