Packaging testing

Does anyone have printed reference for the following tests?

1. Product resistance test for labels
2. Ink rub test
3. Barcode scannability
4. Tape test and Ink peel-poff test
5. Light fade test
6. Tear strentgth
7. Leek and seepage test
8. Hinge test
9. Vacuum leak test


  • BobzchemistBobzchemist Member, PCF student
    I'd be interested in one too. I don't think I've ever seen any outside of proprietary, company-specific SOP's.
    Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."
  • @Bobzchemist I tried searching the internet but links refer me to, which is a testing lab where I'll have to pay for these tests. 
  • I want to importing bulk cosmetics from overseas and packaging in the US under my own brand name.

    I am planning to do Skin irritation, eye irritation and preservative efficacy testing for these products.

    Which skin/eye irritation test should I do? There are companies that do animal testing (with human tissue) and others use human subject (RIPT).

    For eye, some use HAT-CAM test and others Epi Accrual. which one should I do. Which test should I do? 
    And lastly, do I need to do shelf life testing for these products also?  

  • You have to start your own topic to get a reply.

  • apersonaperson Member
    (reopening for following links):

    ^^ video of procedures (ex: ASTM D6252 for 90 degree label peel testing).

    ^^ sample sop (generic)

    ^^ "Label Qualification Plan" (why this comes into play).

    carry on.

Sign In or Register to comment.