at home lab - wash bay

Question for anyone who started formulating/manufacturing at their home. Was your wash bay in a separate room or did you have it in the same room you used for formulating? Worried about potential microbial growth. I would never manufacture and wash at the same time, everything would happen separately with adequate time in between. I would also use nutrient agar plates to ensure there was no microbial growth. Does anyone have any feedback they could provide me with?

Comments

• Separate and I thougtht it was a pain!!!
    Dr. Catherine Pratt
    (B.Sc with HONS I , Ph.D Analytical/Organic Chem and Microbiology), Cosmetic Chemistry IPCS)
  • Thank-you Dr. Pratt! I really appreciate your response! I trust my analytical chemistry girls, it taught me to be oh so very paranoid and anal haha
  • MicroformulationMicroformulation Member, Professional Chemist
    Ours is in a separate room, but we only use it for larger items. Our glassware all goes through our Labconco Glassware Washer. I have seen some labs use a dedicated (NO FOOD) stainless dishwasher as well. (Much less expensive).
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.
  • hanabhanab Member
    Thank you!!
  • BelassiBelassi Member, PCF student
    I don't even have running water in the lab. I take all the used gear to a washing area.
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • hanabhanab Member
    Thank you Belassi!