how to improve absorption of serum

I am working on a facial serum and it seems to take forever to absorb into the skin. Our customer is wanting something like a 2-in-1 serum that would eliminate the need for a moisturizer after. Maybe adding an emulsifier will help this? It feels so wet upon application and it has a slight soaping effect during rub out.  What can I add to help it absorb faster? It's also very slightly tacky.  I do plan on increasing the siligel to increase viscosity as its a bit runny right now, but I think that might increase tackiness as well.  Thanks!

Deionized WaterAqua79.000
SiligelXanthan Gum (and) Lecithin (and) Sclerotium Gum (and) Pullulan1.000
Vegetable GlycerinVegetable Glycerin2.500
Floraesters K20WHydrolyzed Jojoba Esters (and) Water1.500
NiacinamideNiacinamide2.000
Endimoist HA - 1,000-1,800 kDaSodium Hyaluronate0.050
Aloe Powder ExtractAloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract0.010
Beta Glucan Powder ExtractBeta Glucan Powder Extract0.100
Zemea PropanediolPropanediol2.000
L22Jojoba Oil/Macadamia Seed Oil Esters (and) Squalene (and) Phytosteryl Macadamiate (and) Phytosterols (and) Tocopherol4.750
Stay C 50Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate2.000
PentavitinSaccharide Isomerate (and) Aqua (and) Citric Acid (and) Sodium Citrate1.000
Gatuline RadiancePropanediol (and) Evodia Rutaecarpa Fruit Extract1.000
Nipaguard SCESorbitan Caprylate (and) Propanediol (and) Benzoic Acid1.310
Polysorbate 201.000
Bergamot Essential Oil - Bergaptene Free (Calabrian) E.O.Citrus Aurantium Bergamia Peel Oil0.230
Orange Essential Oil (Sweet)Citrus Aurantium Dulcis Peel Oil0.230
Lemon (Sicily) Essential OilCitrus Limon Peel Oil0.120
Blood Orange (Sicily) Essential OilCitrus Sinensis Peel Oil0.120
Lavandin Grosso Essential OilLavandula Hybrid Oil0.080

Comments

• PharmaPharma Member, Pharmacist
    Reduce the amount of polyols... the result will 'dry' faster but the serum will be less hydrating.
    Add silica or similar to increase surface (faster evaporation) and impart a drier, powdery feeling or replace some water with volatile liquids.
    More Siligel may turn it even tackier and slower to seep in. Try it out.
  • Bill_TogeBill_Toge Member, Professional Chemist
    your best bet is to remove or reduce the Siligel
    UK based formulation chemist. Strongest subjects: hair styling, hair bleaches, hair dyes (oxidative and non-oxidative) I know some stuff about: EU regulations, emulsions (O/W and W/O), toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoos, other toiletries
  • Off Topic...can I ask where you buy your L22?  That stuff is crazy expensive whenever I find it.

I have made basically my own version with lower cost Acai sterols and Floratech's (maker of L22) Mac Nut oil and ethyl macadamiate.
  • @Pharma and @Bill_Toge thanks for the recommendations, I will test those out.

@Graillotion right now I am just using samples from the supplier, although they only send such a small sample size because it is an expensive material, maybe 30 g at most.  I have all of those ingredients that you mentioned so I think I'm going to try something similar. I have only been able to make a few formula variations because I'm so limited with the L22