Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating formulations help

• formulations help

Posted by P89 on January 6, 2021 at 7:10 am

Hi, i’m formulating a face serum with sodium jaluronate. i don’t have to use a gelling agent because SJ does itself. but serum it’s not clear but translucent, opaque and uniform. is it possible to add in it little bubbles like other gel?

I’ve also to use in other formulations the “Liquid Germall Plus”. can i change it with other preservatives? I usually use simply Disodium EDTA.

I would to know also if it’s possible and good to interchange 

Isododecane and Hydrogenated Polydecene

with “Cyclopenthasiloxane” or other ingredients.

Thank you very much

Benz3ne replied 3 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • ngarayeva001

January 6, 2021 at 8:06 pm

I think it’s all different questions and you need to post them separately. Re: hyaluronic acid serum, what is in that formula? HA forms clear gel, it’s something else that contributes to cloudiness 

• P89

January 7, 2021 at 6:45 pm

Yes, i’ve too much things in the head in these days!!!  :s
    I know that Hyaluronic acid  make translucent the serum, but it’s not nice to see… i would to make bubbles in it or make it shiny because it’s opaque. HA is 1% low weight and 0,6 High weight.

• ozgirl

January 7, 2021 at 9:12 pm
    If you want bubbles suspended in your formulation you may need to use something like Aculyn Excel from Dow.

• Benz3ne

January 8, 2021 at 10:22 am

I think it’s all different questions and you need to post them separately. Re: hyaluronic acid serum, what is in that formula? HA forms clear gel, it’s something else that contributes to cloudiness 

P89 said:

Yes, i’ve too much things in the head in these days!!!  :s
    I know that Hyaluronic acid  make translucent the serum, but it’s not nice to see… i would to make bubbles in it or make it shiny because it’s opaque. HA is 1% low weight and 0,6 High weight.

These two statements are conflicting. I was under the impression that HA is clear, as ngarayeva001 stipulates.