First of all, I love this forum, its people and collective brains that continue to share and help each other.
I had a question for all the formulators that have worked with startups and "new genius idea' founders or even experienced business owners with no science background.
- What, in your opinion, are questions that founders/business owners should already have answers to when coming to you for formulating or developing a product?
(I know many business owners/founders don't know a thing about chemistry or even interested in how it works, they just want an end product that works and meets their "vision").
- What are the things that would help you achieve formulation success with least amount of errors or revisions?
(they get charged for having more than 3 revisions before approving the last one. Many don't know what they want and end up wasting their money and the chemist's time & energy).
- What are some of the definitions/terms you realize are used incorrectly by business owners when they approach you (thank you marketeers ).
(e.g. "natural" ingredients, "organic", "harsh chemicals" etc)
- Make chemists happy and focused on innovating & producing the right formula with constructive feedback without unnecessary back & forth and disputes with founders/business owners
- Simplifying the language of chemists vs. business owner to ensure we mean the same thing when we use a certain term.
p.s. questions can apply to any industry, although cleaning/detergent & cosmetic businesses are the prevalent industries.
Thank you & Happy 2021 all .....